Friday, April 22, 2011

Only One Friday is Good

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

-- Hebrews 12:2

Today I am reminded of how unworthy I am to be called a child of God. It's not fair that my King died for me on the cross 2,000 years ago. It's not fair that He who was perfect took my place. Your place.
 
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
--Romans 5.8
 
He didn't wait until we were clean. He died for us while we were still sinners so we could be clean. And even though I let Him down and turn my back on Him. Even though I insist on trying it my way first. Even though I am less than unworthy.
 
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

--John 3.16

God loved me so much that He gave His only Son, His perfect spotless Lamb, to take my place. He loves me unconditionally. He loves you unconditionally.

And it's not fair.

But the beauty of grace is it makes life not fair.

To say "thank you" is not enough. That's why I give my life to Him and hope to claim as Paul did,

But rejoice insofar as you share Christ’s sufferings, that you may also rejoice and be glad when his glory is revealed.

--1 Peter 4.13

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always good to hear from you! Please feel free to leave an encouraging word or constructive criticism. Both are welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...