Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday: Servants of God

This morning I woke up and I thought it was Saturday. But it's not. It's Thursday.

I came in to work today and I sat at my desk and pulled up our blog. I saw that there was a new post by Katie, a missionary to Uganda. I don't know Katie and the only way I know about her blog is through a friend who recommended we read it.

I had something else in mind for my "Thankful Thursday" post, but when I finished reading her blog, with tears in my eyes, I decided that what I am truly thankful for today is servants of God. People who are willing to give up their cushy lives here in the US of A and do exactly what she's doing.

And I just pray that even before we get to the field full time, I can learn to have a servants heart like she does so that when we are there, I can see things as she describes and not through my tainted American eyes.

I don't want to try to explain it. Just read it:

http://kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com/









[Photo from kissesfromkatie.blogspot.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always good to hear from you! Please feel free to leave an encouraging word or constructive criticism. Both are welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...