Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thankful Thursday: God is Always Good

I'm thankful that God is always good.

Even when everything is lost. Even when tragedy comes. Even when we don't understand, God is good.

Last Wednesday, tornadoes took hundreds of lives and destroyed thousands of homes.
But God is still good.


This past Saturday, one of Richard's former small group boys and the brother of one of my small group girls died in a drowning accident. He was only 19.
But God is still good.

 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord.As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." Isaiah 55.8-9

Why would a God who controls the weather, allow such a destructive force to destroy so many lives?

Why would a loving God allow a teenager, seeking to follow Him, to die so young?

I don't know. But I do know that His ways are good and pure. We aren't told we'll understand. But we are told to trust Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always good to hear from you! Please feel free to leave an encouraging word or constructive criticism. Both are welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...