Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Faith Unmatched

How many kings, stepped down from their thrones?
How many lords have abandoned their homes?
How many greats have become the least for me?
How many Gods have poured out their hearts
To romance a world that has torn all apart?
How many fathers gave up their sons for me?
Only one did that for me
[lyrics from "How Many Kings" by Downhere]

The lyrics of this song have resonated in my heart since the first time I heard it. When I look at other religions, I am saddened by the hopelessness that they have. So many are about finding yourself, working hard to get to that next level, or being "good enough" all of which lead to a dead end.

The Christian faith is about a God who loved us so much that He Himself stepped down from His throne, abandoned Heaven, became the least, poured out [and continues to pour out] his heart to a world that hates and despises Him, and gave His only son for me.

For you.

He knew we couldn't find ourselves apart from Him. We couldn't work hard enough or be good enough. So He did all the work for us so we can have something even more than peace, hope, or love.

We can have Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always good to hear from you! Please feel free to leave an encouraging word or constructive criticism. Both are welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...