Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Anxiously Awaiting?

"Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing."
2 Timothy 4:8

Yesterday was not a very good day. Just one of those days when everything seems to go wrong all at once on every level. Obviously, it could have been worse, but it's the little things that satan likes to get you with.

Any-who, one of the [many] things was Richard's flights back from Jamaica. He has been away from home since February 24 and, even though I was with him for about a week of that time, it's been a looong couple of weeks. There have been a lot of good times, but sometimes traveling can just wear you down. I think all of the exhaustion from the past couple of weeks culminated into yesterday. He first flight was delayed which caused him to miss his second flight which put him on a later flight... whew! He finally made it in last night around 8:45pm and as I sat in my car hoping each person that walked out of the airport doors would be him, I felt a little tugging at my heart from the Holy Spirit....

Am I that anxious for the return of the Lord?

Do I look forward to the day that He breaks through the clouds and calls us to be with Him forever?

Maybe the more important question is: Will I be ready? Will you be ready?

I know that I'm ready in the sense of my eternal destination, but would God be pleased with how I am spending my life right now? What am I doing for His Kingdom? How am I growing closer to Him?

When Richard finally came out my heart skipped a beat. He got in the car and kissed me and then kissed Elliott and we talked the whole way home about his trip and about Elliott and all the things he had missed while he was gone. I thought to myself, "Will my meeting with Christ be this way? Will we be in such close communion and have such sweet fellowship?"

 Food for thought, but more than that it's a challenge to my soul.


No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always good to hear from you! Please feel free to leave an encouraging word or constructive criticism. Both are welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...