Thursday, January 27, 2011

Thankful Thursday: My Personal God

It's Thursday. Again. I don't like Thursdays very much so I continue with my Thankful Thursday blog posts to help me like them a little more.

Today's reason to be grateful: we have a personal God.

I was thinking this morning on my way to work, after stopping by Dunkin' Donuts for a .99 cent coffee (yay coupons!), how good it is to serve a God who didn't just make me, toss me out into the world, and say, "Have fun and good luck!"

No, He cares about me enough to convict me, encourage me, challenge me, and change me. That's sort of a big deal.I mean, we are talking about the same God who created the UNIVERSE and everything in it.

But what's bigger? He sent His Son to DIE. On a cross. For me. And you. Sometimes I forget the significance of that. I've heard it all my life so maybe I take it for granted.

But that? That's something to be thankful for.

"For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities..." Hebrews 4:15

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's always good to hear from you! Please feel free to leave an encouraging word or constructive criticism. Both are welcome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...